Thursday, April 3, 2014

Peggy Lee - I'm A Woman/Philly Girl - I'm a Teacher



I heard this song the other day and started singing "I'm a teacher, T-E-A-C-H-E-R." I figured I could come up with appropriate lyrics for a teacher.

Here it is! I hope you like it. I think I may do a reform one too. But here's what I have so far.


I can watch 44 little kids and have 'em walkin’ in a line

I can teach & cover 2 dozens standards 'fore you can count from 1 to 9

I can scoop up a puking child full of food from the candy store

Throw them in the bathroom, go back & teach a lesson, be back before they puke some more

'Cause I'm a teacher! T-E-A-C-H-E-R, I’ve said it before

 

I can write & redo this lesson plan til it's simply divine

Mark the papers, enter data, & evaluate the results at the same time

Get all fired up, go home and work more til 3 a.m. and then

Lay down at 4, jump up at 6, and start all over again

'Cause I'm a teacher! T-E-A-C-H-E-R, I’ve said it before

 

When kids come to me sad you know I'm gonna make them well

When kids come to me all hyped up you know I'm gonna break the spell

When kids come to me hungry you know I'm gonna fill them full of food

When it's teachin’ you're likin’, I'll teach you and won’t give you time to brood.

'Cause I'm a teacher! T-E-A-C-H-E-R, I’ve said it before

.

 

I can stretch! a greenback dollar bill from here to kingdom come!

But still need to play the numbers to pay the bills and still end up with some!

I got a teaching certificate says there ain't nothing I can't do

I can make a classroom out of nothing and I can make a student out of you

'Cause I'm a teacher! T-E-A-C-H-E-R, I’ve said it before

'Cause I'm a teacher! T-E-A-C-H-E-R, there is no more.



Still learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment